[openbeos] Re: using jam -- where's Jambase?

  • From: "John M. Gabriele" <jandl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 20:39:19 EDT

Thanks for the reply Ingo.

>>[snip]
>> Also, can I somehow add MyApp.rsrc to the above Jamfile?
>
>If you are trying this in context of the OBOS build system,

I'm just learning jam and am trying to use it as a replacement
for makefiles + makefile-engine in BeOS.

> simply put an
>
>  AddResources $(APP_NAME) : MyApp.rsrc ;
>
>*before* your Main rule. Otherwise have a look at current/Jamrules.
>AddResources is defined there as well [snip]

Oh, I see:

rule AddResources
{
        # AddResources <name> : <resourcefiles> ;

        SEARCH on $(2) += $(SEARCH_SOURCE) ;
        RESFILES on $(1) += $(2) ;
}

>[snip] as an adjusted Link rule invoking
>several BeOS specific rules (XRes, SetVersion, SetType, MimeSet).
>
>CU, Ingo

I just now downloaded the newest jam-2.4-beos.zip (last updated
August 7th, 2002) from bebits: http://www.bebits.com/app/2981
and this zipped file contains all the source, including the Jambase
file.

There's no rule like "AddResources" in either this Jambase file or in
the reference one at http://public.perforce.com/public/jam/src/Jambase
If I get good enough at this to send ELQ an update (she put jam up on
bebits) I'll post here about it. :)

Thanks,
---j