[openbeos] Re: update

  • From: Kobi Lurie <k_lurie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:18:19 +0200

I've never used jam before and have no Internet access under BeOS. My first and last use of WinCVS was unsuccessful (for a different project). I'm not sure I have time to figure it all out myself (
otherwise I'd probably be running Linux too)--is there a step-by-step guide out there somewhere for newbies like me and the guy complaining in the suggestion box?

Oh, so when it comes to distributing R1, it will be up to the distro companies to choose an OT brand? I hadn't thought of that.

that's not what i meant
i too would like a standard open tracker.
this would probably be done when axel will finish his locale kit
then, all the lang open trackers would be one.
right now it's under a permitive license (similar to MIT)
that's why i said it shouldn't make that much of a difference.
it's also a big app.
I wouldn't mind making it simpler though as it uses alot of specially optimized
classes instead of using system ones last time i checked.

now, for cvs on windows.
wincvs lateset version.
change location in the file panel on top to where you would like your cvs folder to be in.
now,
go to create -> check out module
in this panel these options should be:
module name = ./current
override off
local folder = your cvs folder as in above.
"checkout files to the...." and "do not recurse" should be off.
merge and checkout options tabs should have nothing in them
Next is globals and General
Authentication: pserver.
path: /cvsroot/open-beos
host address: cvs.open-beos.sourceforge.net
user name: anonymous
the cvsroot should build itself from the above parameters.
in globals these should be on:
dirty files, prune, checkout read only, supply control,
tcp ip compression=9 (doesn't matter much)

hope this helps.
oh, and first time u need to do Admin -> login... and press enter as there is no password.
all other times, create->checkout->ok :)

now, when u get to beos, mount your windows partition
and either build in there or copy it.
for jam to work all you need is to type jam in the current directory we downloaded.
if you don't have jam, type make from the jam folder in the cvs u downloaded.
this should be the most up to date. put in home/config/bin

welcome to the project and happy testing Kevin.