[openbeos] Re: update

  • From: Kevin Field <kjf@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 10:45:25 -0500

>Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:01:05 +0200
>From: Kobi Lurie <k_lurie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [openbeos] Re: update?
>

>Kevin Field wrote:
>
>that patch was not an important one.

Could've fooled me.  :)  It made news on other Be sites.

>get all the source from cvs, jam compile it, and check out the new
>apps/libs/test apps, auto generated in the distro dir.

Hmm...

"Documents and Guidelines

"- Getting Started   (not written)"

I've never used jam before and have no Internet access under BeOS.
My first and last use of WinCVS was unsuccessful (for a different
project).  I'm not sure I have time to figure it all out myself (
otherwise I'd probably be running Linux too)--is there a step-by-step
guide out there somewhere for newbies like me and the guy complaining
in the suggestion box?

>>Oh, yeah, and will R1 include some of the features of OT offshoots
>>like that one that mounts FAT partitions really quickly and that .*
>>localized one?
>>
>OpenTracker might be added to the repository some day, but, what for?
>and the fast mount is related to an updated dos filesystem which u can
>find in bebits somewhere.

Oh, so when it comes to distributing R1, it will be up to the distro
companies to choose an OT brand?  I hadn't thought of that.

>Enjoy and welcome back :)

Thanks again,

Kev  :)