[haiku] Re: "two finger scrolling"?

  • From: Rimas Kudelis <rq@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 10:54:21 +0200

Hi Pete,

2012.11.10 10:30, Pete Goodeve rašė:
One thing that has just started working with the latest builds is
the trackpad on my laptop.  (It was completely erratic before -- freezing
randomly, unlike the perfectly good USB mouse.)  So I'm actually using
it now.  One feature has me baffled, though: what is "two-finger scrolling"?

If I enable it and try to put two fingers on the pad, the cursor just locks
in place until I lift one of the fingers.  The Users Guide didn't help much.
Please someone explain its intended function...

Newer touchpads allow you to scroll using two fingers instead of using dedicated scrolling areas at the right and the bottom. See this image: http://tinyurl.com/ahaeg46 (there are also more gestures, see http://tinyurl.com/a5cl8j2 ). At least for me, that way of scrolling looks really superior, and I got used to it within hours after unpacking and installing my new lappy a few months back. Now it actually feels somewhat uncomfortable when I'm using my older laptop or my gf's one, where it doesn't work. :)

Hope this helps,
Rimas