[openbeos] Re: suggestion for BeGeistert: old PC giveout

  • From: Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 14:14:04 +0000

On 2002-08-31 at 11:00:41 [+0000], you wrote:
> As it looks like some kernel developers don't have enough hardware to do
> serial debugging, which can be a real pain, I'd suggest we put up something
> on the website asking for users coming to BeGeistert who want to contribute
> and have an old spare PC to bring it there, and give it to a OBOS dev.
> What could be useless for someone can be very useful for others.
> Even a 8086 can be used as a terminal. the best of course are 386,
> laptops are great, even with black and white LCD it's enough to see
> something.

wow, something for me! I will certainly put this up on the BeGeistert
website. Sounds like you're thinking of coming?

We normally can provide machines for developers during BeGeistert and there
may well be some visitors with excess hardware grateful to donate it. Could
I have a show of hands as to how many people are likely to come *and* who
need machines.

Thanx

Charlie
--