[openbeos] Re: select() question.

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:50:24 -0500

Select and mmap are, I think, the two key API items that give UNIX people
the biggest headache in dealing with BeOS. I (as kernel guy) am aware of them.
MMap is definate for R1. Select may be trickier, but I will certainly work with
the
Networking team to see if we can't hammer something out to fix it. In my
opinion, this is
a bug in R5, and not something that we HAVE to replicate. But I can not promise
a fix
for select, either. I will try.