[openbeos] Re: select() question.

  • From: "Nathan Whitehorn" <nathan.whitehorn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:11:51 EST (-0500)

> Select and mmap are, I think, the two key API items that give UNIX
> people
> the biggest headache in dealing with BeOS. I (as kernel guy) am aware
> of them.
> MMap is definate for R1. Select may be trickier, but I will certainly
> work with the
> Networking team to see if we can't hammer something out to fix it. In
> my opinion, this is
> a bug in R5, and not something that we HAVE to replicate. But I can
> not promise a fix
> for select, either. I will try.

We certainly don't have to replicate it. Since the Net Kit docs now say
that socket tokens have no meaning, old apps won't care if they become
real fds. They won't know the difference. New apps will, and will get
appropriate new power. And people porting things from UNIX will kneel
before you and kiss your feet.
-Nathan

--
Fortune Cookie Says: