[openbeos] Re: openbeos Digest V5 #145

  • From: Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 22:24:23 -0400

That doesn't mean, though, that they could not seek an injuction or sue in the
case of a new infringement. It wouldn't make their case a little tougher,
though.

FWIW - back when we went through the naming debates, I spoke with a trademark
lawyer. His take on it is that, in the US, a trademark isn't really dead (it's
just resting); he has seen 20 year old trademark violations successfully
prosecuted.

Michael