[openbeos] Re: jam error "actions too long" with PPC build

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:12:24 +0100

On 2006-12-13 at 23:28:15 [+0100], Jérôme Duval <korli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> when building for PPC, jam stopped on some specific rules with this message
> :
> Link  actions too long (max 20480)
>
> This message can be found at line 531 of the file make1.c
> I had to increase MAXLINE in jam.h to workaround this problem (I tested
> 21480).
>
> Any ideas?

This is most likely caused by a long linker line. You could use intermediate
MergeObject* rules to shorten those lines. Also, since the paths to gcc and
its objects + libs are usually absolute, locations with shorter paths would
help, too. :-)

> BTW I tried qemu-system-ppc to boot a PPC build with no success: no
> boot device. It was a bit expected :)

Yep, the status of the PPC port is still that. I wanted to get booting over
network done first and now that networking is in a reasonable state, it is
probably a good time to continue there. When I stopped, I got stuck with
problems with the interrupt controller, though.

CU, Ingo