[openbeos] Re: Windows Vista Performance Kludges (that Haiku does not need)

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:21:07 +0100

On 12/14/06, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Jérôme Duval" <korli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Could we extend the registrar mimetype probe mechanism to index files
> based on mime types ?

Yes we could, but I wouldn't do that; instead I would add another
server for this, and maybe also move the probe mechanism to this one.
The reason is simple: if the registrar dies, the system becomes
unusable; it shouldn't do much more than it does now.

There is an open-source project called BeIndexed which did exactly that:
http://www.bebits.com/app/3637

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald