[openbeos] Re: hardware scanner

  • From: Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 12:47:36 -0400

Jonas Sundström wrote:
"Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Karl vom Dorff <karl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is it possible to build up a database of such drivers available
for  BeOS and have a hardware scanner suggest where/how
to get the support  after the installation?
Sounds like a nice idea.

Is it currently possible to see which devices are in use, by which device driver, and which devices are not?

Is it simple/possible for all kinds of devices, and busses?

I have had this on my "please implement" list for a long time. I imagine devices having this so you can see:

Device          Name            Driver
pci 1234:5678   UltraDisk Pro   /dev/udp0

Now, in one fell swoop, I can see every device on my machine and what driver is associated with it. The new driver API allows this; we just need to get it implemented.