[openbeos] filetypes (mime db)

  • From: "Jonas Sundstrom" <kirilla@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:42:12 CET (+0100)

Does OBOS aspire to manage the mime database?
(add a few useful types, tweak a few, .. )

Off the top of my head:  a mailto URL filetype,
(even though mailto: links are not URLs, strictly speaking),
since opening a mailto: link and opening a text/x-email
file are two very separate cases.

It would be good to be able to separate them.

Furthermore, for OBOS R2, I would like to propose a new mime supertype
for folders:   "folder/*",  "folder/plain" being the vanilla folder
type,
allowing for a nice layered way to manage special folders,
and their pref. apps  and icons.

/Jonas Sundström.                          www.kirilla.com