[openbeos] Re: bootloader?

  • From: Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:33:50 +0100

Kevin Field wrote:

To make matters worse, at some point, a cabinet icon has appeared on the
desktop (the kind ImageMounter uses, I think) with no label.  When I try to
delete it, I get:

While
Moving to Trash

The
npipe (from /)

Information:
Moving to the Trash failed!

If I try to delete it anyway, it doesn't move anywhere. Launching it doesn't seem to do anything. And I see "flock_server" running (having launched it or not) when I press Ctrl-Alt-Delete, which didn't used to be the case. This may not have anything to do with compiling Haiku though...I can't remember exactly when over the last couple days this appeared. :( (I'm also having some problems with the new Multiaudio MediaAddon, so maybe monkeying around with that has done something.)

That's the new pipefs (bug-free) that you installed with Subversion. You won't need it on Haiku.
I can't help you with the rest, though.

Bye,
Waldemar