[haiku] Re: "autogen Error" on x86_64

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 17:17:02 +0200

On 2010-05-06 at 15:27:55 [+0200], Julius Bullinger
<julius.bullinger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 05/03/2010 11:20 AM, Ingo Weinhold wrote:
> > I don't even have autogen installed. It shouldn't be needed at least.
> > Maybe
> > the configure script detects its availability and only then sets up a make
> > rule. Touching the generated file could help or, worst case, deinstalling
> > autogen. Make sure to revert the working directory before you try again.
> >
> > If touching helps, we could add it to our build_cross_tools script.
>
> Since I'm not sure what file to touch,

The generated one(s), as reported by make:

> make[2]: *** [/home/haiku/buildtools/legacy/gcc/gcc/fixinc/fixincl.x] Error
> 1

You'll notice that a fresh checkout of the repository already contains the
file. It's probably just the order in which the files are checked out that
leads to make believing that the files that can be generated are outdated. I
suppose the same goes for the texinfo files. Touching the files should
convince make that they are up to date.

> I removed auto{gen,conf,make} and
> tried again. This time, I'm getting many errors like:
>
> /home/haiku/buildtools/legacy/gcc/gcc/cpp.texi:1060: Bad argument to
> `end', `talle', using `table'.
>
> which results in
>
> Too many errors!  Gave up.
>
> Funnily, the relevant lines are correct (it actually says "table" in
> line 1060).
>
> See http://haiku.pastebin.com/tRVJyXLc for the hole output. I remember
> having the same error a longer time ago, but IIRC I gave up before
> coming to a solution.
>
> So, is it Ubuntu 10.04's fault, or what is the problem?

It might be bugs in these versions of the tools. More likely, however, the
new tools are just not compatible with 10+ year old software anymore.

CU, Ingo