[openbeos] about configuration/setting loading

  • From: "Chira, Valentin" <Chira@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 13:04:16 +0200

Hi, I have a question. How will OpenBeOS load the settings and
configurations for the modules that need to do that? Wouldn't be useful to
have a server which can be used for that? Each application/ module could
register some settings file at installation time and after that to load it
using this server functions. something like the registry is in windows only
denormalized. Also this server can be implemented to use XML files for easy
reading and standardization. Maybe it is so now...I don't know..this is why
I ask. And another thing...I tried to install my T-DSL/T-Online internet
connection under BeOs but I was unsuccessful. I have used the PPPoE 1.2
driver and I was able to connect but the problem is that I am disconnected
immediately and I can not find anything..even if I have set the right DNS
server. Suggestions are most welcomed. Has one of you did that successfully
until now?

regards,
 Valentin