[openbeos] Re: Win4Be on Haiku???

  • From: Brian Hague <alphaseinor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 14:41:48 -0500

> In haiku, we completely switched the address space, ie. user applications
> now own the lower half of the address space - just like in Windows or
> Linux, and unlike BeOS.
> That alone should make your work a lot easier.

Yes, it does make my work a lot easier
The problem is with the base reloacation table which (in some windows
programs) are stripped when the file is linked... which sometimes will
conflict with Be's Kernel heap.

The rest of the code is just plugging in the BeAPI code into the
appropriate windows API call in Win4Be. and then of course testing
with a program written and compiled under windows using the same API
calls. Kind of a royal pain in the a... but it can be done.