[openbeos] VIA drivers goes open source

  • From: Romzy Matien <rmatien@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 16:22:56 +0700

I just want to inform you guys that VIA has open source their onboard
VGA and LAN drivers. Well it's for linux but still a great news right
:)

This is the list so far :
- VIA CN400/CLE266/PM880 UniChrome Family Chips
- VIA ProSavage/ProSavageDDR Family Chips
- Integrated Network on VT8231, VT8233, VT8235 & VT8237 (Rhine & Rhine II)

I read the interview with Rudolf Cornelissen on haikunews.org this
morning that he want to do making the VIA VGA driver soon. I hope with
the sources it'll help him a lot and I really hope I can run BeOS on
my VIA EPIA M1000 soon enough :D

For more info and download go to http://www.viaarena.com

Keep the great job guys....

Romzy