[openbeos] Re: Waif child found.

  • From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 07:44:54 -0400

Oliver Tappe wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> On 2006-08-18 at 01:48:17 [+0200], Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
>>
>>> Oliver Tappe wrote:
>>>

> [ ... ]

>>> Yep, it works fine now.  Thanks! :-)
>>>

>> And now it doesn't...  It's been broken again somewhere along the way.
>>

> So what exactly goes wrong (error-message) and where?
>
> If jam finds a waif child, it shouldn't stop anymore, just issue a warning.
>
> Have you actually built a new jam binary since my recent fix? What does a
> 'jam -v' show?

That was the problem...  I didn't realize, after reading your previous
e-mail, that jam had to be rebuilt.  I thought you had changed something
in the build  of AboutHaiku to fix the problem.  The next time I went to
build haiku-image (after replacing my edited Jamfile with the original
one), it worked fine, oddly enough...

But now that I've rebuilt jam from the buildtools tree, it's working
fine.  It does still encounter some waif children, but continues on it's
merry way.

Adam