[openbeos] Waif child found.

  • From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 13:34:12 -0400

So I'm having a hard time getting Haiku to build.  I used to build it
semi-regularly but haven't in a number of moths.  I know that previously
I ran into this exact same problem:

GenerateRevisionFile
generated/objects/common/apps/abouthaiku/haiku-revision
 AddFileDataResource1
generated/objects/haiku/x86/common/apps/abouthaiku/file-data-CSTR:201:SVN:REVISION-<src!apps!abouthaiku>haiku-revision.rsrc

 waif child found!

As I recall, it happened previously with another app, at which point
someone pointed out that I was probably not using the correct version of
subversion and didn't have the npipefs add-on installed.  So I fixed
that and tried again.  That's when I ran into the problem with
abouthaiku.  If I'm remembering correctly, there was some discussion
about the fact that this problem only seemed to happen on Zeta, not R5.
At that point, someone offered up a solution or work around and that got
the build going again on my machine.

Unfortunately, it's now happening again, and I don't remember what the
solution was.  I've double checked that I'm using the correct version of
jam (I've used the version on the wiki, and built jam from the SVN
checkout), that I have the npipefs add-on installed, and that the pipe
directory is properly mounted.  I've tried just doing 'jam', 'jam
haiku.image' and a 'jam install-haiku'.  I've even wiped out my svn
checkout and redownloaded the source tree twice now.  Each time, I run
into the problem.

Any ideas?