[openbeos] Re: Vlance R5 driver works

  • From: "Karl vom Dorff" <haikubounties@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:27:42 -0500

No problem.

How can I test these renew/rebind times on OS X or Windows XP? Then I could tell you?

Thanks,

Karl

From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [openbeos] Re: Vlance R5 driver works
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:03:45 +0100 (MET)

Hi Karl,

"Karl vom Dorff" <haikubounties@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> here's a newer shot:
> http://karlvd.com/networking2.jpg

Thanks, that was fast! I've now updated the DHCP client to also take
the renewal/rebinding times into account; but VMware's leases are
really very short lived (or is that your router?)

> Also, creating a new mail account and selecting it crashes mail.

That's a known bug, IIRC it's already in the bug database.

> Using Seamonkey is generally very unstable, clicking the menu options
> doesn't work (keyboard shortcuts do). A lot of times using any
> networking

It looks like the Mozilla porters went their own ways, and might cause
compatibility problems with the Haiku implementation of the Be classes.
We might need to adapt Mozilla for working properly on Haiku as well
(of course, the potential bugs on the Haiku side should be fixed first)
:-)

> app won't kdl the system, but will spike the cpu usage so high the
> system is
> unusable (i.e sea monkey, transmission)
> The thread that has the high usage is vlance reader. I've never come
> across
> this using R5 or Zeta in Vmware with the vlance driver.
> In any case, I don't expect anything to work - just making
> observations.

I actually didn't test the network heavily yet, there probably are lots
of remaining problems to be fixed.

Bye,
   Axel.

Not only does WindowsOff to school, going on a trip, or moving? Windows Live (MSN) Messenger lets you stay in touch with friends and family wherever you go. Click here to find out how to sign up! Live? OneCare? provide all-in-one PC care to keep your computer protected and well-maintained, but it also makes creating backup files a breeze. Try it today! http://www.telusmobility.com/msnxbox/