[openbeos] Re: Vlance R5 driver works

  • From: "Karl vom Dorff" <haikubounties@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 01:51:38 -0500

btw,

here's a nice pic showing Sea Monkey rendering Haiku's website.

http://karlvd.com/networking.jpg

From: "Karl vom Dorff" <haikubounties@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [openbeos] Vlance R5 driver works
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 11:22:37 -0500

Just wanted to say that the R5 VMWare networking driver appears to be working with the Haiku networking kit.

I tested it with Vmware fusion on my macbook:

http://www.karlvd.com/1.jpg

I'm having trouble copying files and executing files though...

I made an ISO and mounted it, but when I try to copy files I always get:

could not copy attributes
error copying file 'x' Value too large for defined type.

secondly, how do I make an application execute, i.e Vision (from Bebits)? everything wants to open with tracker...

Off to school, going on a trip, or moving? Windows Live (MSN) Messenger lets you stay in touch with friends and family wherever you go. Click here to find out how to sign up! http://www.live.com/?mkt=en-ca

Enter the "Telus Mobility Xbox a Day" contest for your chance to WIN! Telus Mobility is giving away an Microsoft Xbox® 360 every day from November 20 to December 31, 2006! Just download Windows Live (MSN) Messenger to your IM-capable TELUS mobile phone, and you could be a winner! http://www.telusmobility.com/msnxbox/