[openbeos] Re: Updating OSes bit by bit

  • From: Mat Hounsell <mat_geek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 08:58:42 +1000 (EST)

The point of the article was the size of updates, combined with the need to use
a modem, lead to long download times and infections while waiting. My parents
ISP limits connections to 3 hours and you are lucky to get that before a
disconnect.

It is a wise many that learns from the mistakes of others.

I don't want to spend forever downloading updates over and over again.

Besides If I wish to convert others to the true path, wouldn't it be better to
say:
   "Oh there's no need to get updates, once you've got them you can burn them
to an updated install CD, like the one that's just finished installing."

http://au.movies.yahoo.com