[openbeos] Re: USB mouse and docking station

  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:08:08 +0100

Hi,

Maybe a bit naive to think I'm the only one with a D/Port in the community. I should have checked Trac first. But anyway, thanks for info. It's good to hear that it's not a bug, but a
missing feature under development.

Thanks,

Petter

Michael Lotz skrev:
Hi Petter

I'm just wondering if anyone have any idea why my USB mouse, connected to my docking station / port replicator, doesn't work? I had the same issue with my LCD panel before, but that has been fixed. My keyboard, connected to the port replicator's PS2 input works like a charm. I don't know if this is only a USB mouse issue or a general USB issue. When I connected it to the computer itself (while in dock), it does indeed work, but that isn't very practical. And, the sound ouput on the dock doesn't work either, while it,
 again, does on the computer.

It's not a bug but a known missing feature of EHCI. The transaction translator
protocol is not yet implemented. It is required to get low/full-speed devices
(like mice) supported when attached to a USB 2.0 hub (which the port
replicator very likely is). See http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1291 for some
more details.

I am currently working on different parts of EHCI like the recently added
interrupt transfer support. Two big things remain, isochronous and split
transaction (transaction translator) support. I might just get them going in
the coming weeks.

Regards
Michael