[openbeos] Re: Question on Extra Attributes of FileTypes preferences

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 17:45:08 +0100 CET

Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> While we're talking about special attributes...
> Sometimes it's be useful to limit the contents of attributes to some
> predefined strings.
> So, when you click on an attribute in Tracker, you can't just type in
> any old string(s),

Sure, that is one of the things that you can do with that special field
(ie. define
the list of allowed strings). But one thing after the other.

cyanh256@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Though IMO getting Tracker as close to 100% bug-free as
> possible, and speeding it up should really take priority over
> any extra features, even post-R1.

Speeding it up would actually require adding additional features ;-)
But anyway, for now bugs are our main target - speed comes later.

> While on the subject of attributes, is there any standard for an
> attribute name representing a document's window position?

Nope.

> Likewise, is there any proposed standard for an attribute
> name representing a checksum (md5?) of a file, along with
> the date the checksum was taken? I've written an app

Nope.

Bye,
   Axel.