[openbeos] Re: USB Mass Storage driver (Was RE: Re: Driver Tutorial)

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:46:20 +0200

Chris,

Siarzhuk has already written a USB Mass Storage driver, which I'm using on
R5 just fine since a very long time (available on BeBits). The driver is
already in the Haiku repository, but it needs to be adjusted to work with
the Haiku SCSI subsystem (I would assume).

IMHO, there is this problem with the discussion in this thread: you guys
need to be well informed about what is out there, so you don't duplicate
work that has already been done. Including "sample" drivers and tutorials.

The work should not be creating documentation and sample drivers, but
rather collecting what already exists and putting it in a single place,
nicely sorted and searchable.

Best regards,
-Stephan