[openbeos] Testing.

  • From: Colin Rogers <crogers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 11:44:30 -0000

Hi y'all.

I've recently been added to the list of beta testers, and I was surprised
that the beta testers "team" does not have a leader. I put to Aaron that we
would be giving code and asked to break it, as opposed to having any
co-ordination or scripts or anything, and he thought that might be the case.

I am no "skilled" tester - I'm a Java developer - but I do realise the
importance of testing and the importance of focusing that testing. I feel
that with no proper co-ordination the testing stage will be next to useless,
and lets face it, if any type of software that needs good testing, it'd be a
new OS.

Maybe I am getting ahead of myself, but should we not be on the look out for
a professional tester who could co-ordinate the beta-testing, so that
beta-testers time is well spent and meaningful. Make sure that certain
features / apps are tested in different conditions / systems / etc.

Cheers - Col.

(ps - don't get me wrong here - I am not offering myself for this post - I
haven't the ability - although I can follow test scripts, when written =] )
This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the person or
organisation to whom it is addressed.  It may contain privileged and
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should
not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately.
Any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are those of the individual
sender except where they are stated to be the views of RDF Group or EMS plc.
All messages passing through this gateway are virus scanned.