[openbeos] Re: System wide toolbar class

  • From: v.ramshankar@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 23:53:52 -0700

> I like how the toolbar works in Beezer, I'd welcome your contribution. But
> I agree with what Ingo has said. You seem to pay much attention to detail,
> so help from you with regards to polishing Haiku would be very welcome too!
> :-)

Yes, Its fine and I understand how for R1 its not that important an issue. Was
just wondering where and how I could contribute because, for now, I'd rather
contribute in areas I'm more familiar with (interface, support, etc.) than
parts like the kernel/drivers though my ultimate interest lies there.

@Ingo:
I tried using Marco's BubbleHelp for tooltips for the toolbuttons but it had
some problems, it left graphic fragments when the tip disappears, probably the
draw of the button class. My toolbar/button pair of classes will probably have
to be modified anyhow as the mouse moved code is pretty complex and there is
probably an easier way to handle it.

As for the screenshot you showed: Yes, that's the toolbar/imagebutton classes.
But also the "Welcome window" in Beezer (the first window when you open it)
has the same toolbar/imagebutton classes without borders.

Adding HVIF etc should not be a problem, as long as one is able to render it
as B_OP_ALPHA mode bitmap, should be possible. Dynamic resizing could also be
acheived I guess though I've not seen the API for getting HVIF icons for a
particular size. Tooltips - I'm not sure about this.

@mmu_man: Using BMenuBar seems fine to me but does it allow you to space the
items? The screenshot shows all of them a bit cramped :P Also how easy would
it be to add drop menus to it?

Regards,
Ram.