[openbeos] Re: Supported Hardware

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:24:14 +0100 (CET)

En réponse à Mark A Johnson <hotplasma@xxxxxxxx>:

> Hi, I know that this is a bit OT, but I have a small question.  What
> newer laptops can run BeOS?  I mean like the Dell Latitude C***, or
> the
> Fujitsu C Series, or whatever.  What runs the best, and has a decent
> clock speed >1GHz, along with good video (not shared memory) and ample
> hard drive (30+ is always good) space.  I am going to need one in a
> while
> and I would like to run O/BeOS/Zeta (which ever comes first) on it.
> So
> any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Well, noone stops you from bringing your bootable BeOS CD with you when
visiting your supplier... when you buy cars, you can trial them, why
not with PCs ? :-)

(and don't forget to ask for a windoze refund :))

Don't forget http://hardware.frizbe.net and the Zeta compatibillity list.

FWIW, my HP omnibook 4150b works very well with Zeta, but it may not
suit your need (PII 450)

Btw, this belongs to beusertalk I think...

François.