[haiku] Re: Status report on Haiku tutorials

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 11:52:24 -0500

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Matthew Nawrocki
<matthew.nawrocki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes Joe, I think I will drop in. The school is a bit draconian with the use
> of their equipment, especially when the professor restricts the time limit
> for renting them out from a whole day down to a few hours. Also you can't
> take them off campus this time. Perhaps I can come up with a different
> strategy, like renting equipment elsewhere or buying a camera of my own (if
> it doesn't come prohibitively expensive). We can discuss this more at WPLUG.
> See you there.

Matt, that sucks that the school is so protective, but the policy
makes sense from their perspective.  It seems that a lot of
point-and-shoot digital cameras even allow to capture HD video
nowadays, so that can be an option.  Heck, you can even shoot in 3D!
(Just kidding)  With a camera like that and a tripod, you would likely
be good to go.

But yeah, we can discuss that all this weekend.  I'll likely bring my
black MSI Wind netbook with me.  Look for the guy with the spinning
teapots!  ;)

- joe

PS: You can also recognize me by the fact that I'll be the short guy
with the shaved head.