[openbeos] Re: Status of the Kits

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 20:10:20 -0400

This is probably the #1 FAQ that I get.
And we are looking at some things to fix on the new website to give you all a
better idea.
The problem is that, at the onset, it is hard to tell how long any piece will
take. Some things are easier than others.
And no unit of measure is completely correct.
Nearly all of the kits are getting significant work. We have, oh, I would say
5-10 files a day checked in.
It just comes in waves. One day, 20 files from some kit are checked in,
representing 2 weeks work. That sort of thing.

Everytime I start to get discouraged, invariably, another batch of checkins
shows up and brings me heart.
If you are really interested, subscribe to the CVS checkin mailing list in
digest mode. You will get 1-3 messages a day (depends on quantity of checkins).
The mail will have the name of the person doing the checkin, the files
involved, the comments, etc. If you really want status, that is about as up to
the minute as it gets.