[haiku] Samba on Haiku

  • From: Sean Healy <jalopeura@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "General Haiku ML" <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 08:16:58 +0000

Hi,

Has anyone gotten Samba working on Haiku? I have never used Samba
before. I have 3.5.5 (from haikuware.ru), and it's running. (Although
every time I start smbd, two instances start running.)

Problem 1: I verified that I can see my wife's computer by pinging it,
but she can't see mine in her Network Neighborhood (or whatever they
call it now in Windows 7).

Problem 2: When I try to use smbclient to get to her computer, it asks
for a password, but does not allow me to enter a username first.
Everything I found online is geared toward Linux, and advises me to add
a user to my system, and then set that user up in Samba. So no help
there.

I found a reference to a BeOS/Samba forum, but the link is dead. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.