[haiku] Re: Res: Re: Firefox 3+ for Haiku

  • From: Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 14:15:46 -0500

Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
On 01/25/2010 10:43 AM, Gerald Zajac wrote:
Michael Oliveira wrote:
Is possible create a ati readeon hd driver

based upon radeonhd from X driver?

I don't know the answer to this question. The ATI driver that I did supports only the ATI Mach64 and Rage128 chips; whereas, the ATI Radeon chips are handled by Haiku's Radeon video driver. Someone would have to look at the X radeon driver to see if it handles the radeon hd, and they would probably need the chip ID in order to determine if it is handled by the X radeon driver.

-- Gerald

The 'radeon' Xorg driver does support all radeonhd GPUs up to, and including, the HD4950, and it would probably make more sense to extend the current Haiku radeon driver to support radeonhd cards instead of creating a separate Haiku driver based on a separate Xorg driver :-)

I was not suggesting that a separate driver for the radeon hd be implemented. My intention was to suggest using the X.org driver to determine what code would need to be added to Haiku radeon driver to handle the these video chips.

-- Gerald