[haiku] Re: Firefox 3+ for Haiku

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 23:10:40 +0100

Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2010/1/24 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Right now apps is a very low priority for me though as I
> >> can't run Haiku at a decent resolution.
> > You're then probably the best one to fix that particular
> > problem :-)
> Which makes everything else a low priority :)
> But writing a graphics driver from scratch is not that easy
> when you never done it.

Isn't there an X driver you can start with? Since you don't have to care
about acceleration yet (we don't even use any, currently, anyway), all
you would have to do would be memory management, and mode switching.
For the former, the existing driver code could help a lot, and for the
latter, at least an X driver should exist that already does the job.

Bye,
   Axel.