[openbeos] Re: Requesting free usage of Walter OS logo (April fool 2003)

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:58:22 -0800

On 15/02/2008, kamikazow@xxxxxx <kamikazow@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello.
>  I'd like to upload the "Walter OS" logo created for April Fool's Day '03
>
> <http://web.archive.org/web/20030404035900/http://www.waltertheoperatingsystem.org/>
>  to Wikimedia Commons for documenting Haiku's history in Wikipedia. To do
>  that I need the permission from the copyright holder.
>  I'm specifically requesting to use a simple attribution license
>  <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Attribution>, but any free
>  license will do if the copyright holder objects to the above license --
>  just name it.
>
>  If the copyright holder is not present on this mailing list, can
>  somebody please tell me how to reach him/her?

Funny, it actually USED to be on wikipedia, with an article explaining
the joke and the logo. It was linked from either the WalterCon
article, or the Haiku article (or both, i don't remember).

In any case, it appears to be gone now - which suggests that the great
wikipedia maintainers must have considered it useless.