[openbeos] Re: RedHat Multimedia Distribution

  • From: "Paul T. Pham" <ppham@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 18:08:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 3 Aug 2002, Daniel Reinhold wrote:

> >Looks like RedHat is trying to steal our thunder.
>
> Oh please, who gives a flying {insert your own nasty word} what RedHat
> is doing? We are not in competition with them -- their schedule is not
> relevant to us.
>
> We will release R1 when it is ready. Anyone who tries to release it
> earlier than that in order to score some perceived BS marketing hype
> victory will have to deal with me and my monkey!

This is not what I was implying; obviously we shouldn't rush our release
at the expense of quality.
But what RedHat has been sponsored to do in Europe is to fill the same
niche we are trying to fill: a high-performance multimedia desktop
operation. It's a contract we might have gotten if we had a working R1
release right now; I just thought that was interesting. I wasn't trying to
troll or goad anyone into anything, just trying to maintain awareness of
other stuff going around us.

Paul