[openbeos] RedHat Multimedia Distribution

  • From: "Paul T. Pham" <ppham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 17:00:35 -0400 (EDT)

Looks like RedHat is trying to steal our thunder.
It would be really cool if we could have R1 out by the end of 02, which is
when RedHat claims they will have their first release. Albeit, their task
is a much easier one in terms of distributing already existing software,
and I am speaking as one who has not contributed any code yet to OpenBeOS.

http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2002-08-02-015-26-NW-RH-DV

But still, more choice is a good thing, and I bet we'd still beat the
pants off of the linux kernel in terms of performance, if not driver
support.

Paul