[openbeos] Re: Re : FS attributes

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 20:35:36 -0500

>I'm glad to hear OBOS is sticking with BFS. I'm just now getting a whole bunch
>of stuff
>taken care of using attributes and I definitely son't want to lose that!

Plus, many people want to keep their BFS partitions. I am one of them. :-)

>Speaking of attributes, maybe BFS or tracker can be improved to where you
>don't need
>to "copy" existing files to have their attributes work when new indexes are
>created.

I don't really follow what you are saying. I think you mean that if you have
file foo,
with an unindexed attribute bar, then you create an index on bar's, that you
have to make a new
copy of foo (foo2) so that it shows up indexed. Is that correct?