[openbeos] Re: Query

  • From: "Daniel Reinhold" <danielr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 02:52:45 CST

>As it stands right now, has anyone tried compiling the cvs kernel and
>transferred it to a partition?  Under beOS?
>
>Just wondering,
>
>Lazaro C.

Unfortunately, you can't do that yet. NewOS does not yet have a disk-
based file system implemented (which is why we need BFS). You can boot
it from floppy and, from there, it loads the kernel -- including a
virtual file system. But you can read/write anything from/to a disk
partition.

Once we do have a disk file system and can set up an OpenBeOS partition
--- then things really start getting fun!