[openbeos] Re: BString

  • From: "Erik Jakowatz" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 23:17:18 -0800

>I forgot: STL is NOT thread-safe! If OBOS will be like BeOS, where the
>world is a thread, STL may not be the way to go.

Echoing an earlier comment, the STL in general does not have an inherent
problem with thread-safety; merely certain implementations of it.  I
will suggest again that we adopt STLPort as the version we bundle with
OpenBeOS; it has quite a reputation for being thread-safe.

Data is not information, and information is not knowledge: knowledge is
not understanding, and understanding is not wisdom.
        - Philip Adams