[openbeos] Re: Posting it here, hoping for the best!

  • From: "Alexander G. M. Smith" <agmsmith@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 20:57:11 -0500 EST

Brian Hague wrote on Wed, 8 Nov 2006 16:55:28 -0600:
> It may be a hardware issue, do you have any standard checkout/burnin
> software like Quick Tech? that would identify some hardware problems.

Could just be bad memory.  I have a Knoppix Linux boot CD that lets you run a
memory test (type memtest at the boot prompt).  Or for that matter, boot Linux
off the CD (just hit enter at the boot prompt) for a more extensive test of
computer functionality.

You can download a CD from http://www.knoppix.org/ or a DVD if you want the
whole works.  But the DVD version requires a DVD drive and the download is more
complex since it's 4 gigabytes, too big for some download tools.

- Alex