[openbeos] PS2 hid issue

  • From: "Zenja Solaja" <solaja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 10:38:06 +1000

Morning / afternoon / evening

CONFIGURATION:
I have a USB keyboard, but use the BIOS to emulate a PS2 keyboard for legacy
OS's (in this case, Haiku).

PROBLEM:
A few weeks ago, I was able to use the keyboard from Haiku.  Haven't played
with Haiku for a few weeks.  With the latest builds, during the boot
process, Haiku will crash when the BootScript launches the input_server.

INVESTIGATION:
- When I remove the /Haiku/beos/system/add-ons/input_server/devices/keyboard
file, Haiku will boot normally (but with no keyboard).  With this file,
Haiku crashes.
- When I boot into safe mode (where the input_server is not started), the
consoled successfully utilises the keyboard.
- The KeyboardInputDevice.cpp file will crash when calling
StartMonitorDevice(kKeyboardDevicesDirectoryPS2) in the KyeboardInputDevice
constructor.  BTW Haiku doesn't check the status_t from StartMonitorDevice()
function call.

FURTHER INFORMATION:
Here is a rewritten snap from a screendump:

ps2_hid: init_driver
ps2_command    cmd 0x20, out 0, in 1
ps2_command    in 0x67
ps2_command    result 0x00000000
ps2_command    byte: res 0x00000000, cmd byte 0x67
ps2_command    cmd 0x60, out 1, in 0
ps2_command    in 0x47
ps2_command    result 0x00000000
ps2_command    byte: res 0x00000000, cmd byte 0x47
ps2_command    cmd 0xd3, out 1, in 1
ps2_command    out 0xf0
ps2_command    in 0xf0
ps2_command    result 0x00000000
ps2_command    cmd 0xd3, out 1, in 0
ps2_command    out 0x56
ps2_command    in 0x56
ps2_command    cmd 0xd3, out 1, in 1
ps2_command    out 0xa4
active multiplexing not supported
ps2_hid:    publish_devices
ps2_hid:    publish_devices() returned NULL
ps2_hid:    unit_driver
ps2:    devfs_publish_device input/keyboard/at/0 status=0x00000000
ps2:    input/keyboard/at/0 not enabled

There is no continuation from here.

Any ideas (Marcus, Jerome, Axel)?