[openbeos] Re: Some audio observations...

  • From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 21:02:18 -0500

Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:

The onboard sound (which I usually leave disabled, but turned on simply for testing purposes) is detected by the auich driver. However, if the PCI128 card is in my computer, Haiku locks up upon loading the auich driver (shortly after the appserver launches, but before Deskbar and Tracker launch). I've tried the PCI128 in two different PCI slots, hoping it'd make a difference. It didn't :-) But if I pull the PCI128 card out of the machine, Haiku comes up fine.

Alright, so it seems that moving both the PCI128 and the Audigy to different PCI slots has made a difference. I can get the onboard audio to work, even with those two other cards in the system now.

Last time today, I promise...

It turns out that the PCI128 wasn't seated properly. Once I reseated it, the AC97 still caused the lockups I had been seeing.

Adam