[openbeos] OpenBFS progress.

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 17:55:14 EST (-0300)

Hello.

        Here I am again with the status report on OpenBFS. As you guys
noticed it has been a while since the last reprot but this was expected
as we are implementing write support and it is anything but easy to be
done right.

        Anyway, Axel just implemented the first draft version of the block
allocator. Right now it does not work and is not used, but it compiles.
The block allocator is what is responsible for deciding what should go
where in the disk. An incorrect implemented block allocator will result
in really poor performance so this will take a while to evolve to the
level of the current BFS one.

        Also, on a related note, I implemented select() support for files
in OpenBFS and that's another plus for us when compared to the stock
BFS from R5, as it does not support select() (the BONE BFS does).

        That's all for now.

        -Bruno

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Never tell a lie unless it is absolutely convenient.