[haiku] Open source Haiku apps

  • From: Richie Nyhus <richienyhus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 07:31:28 +1300

Hi all,

I've been compiling a list of open source Haiku apps (and libraries)
that it would be good to have .bep files for. Some BeOS/Haiku apps
have already had .bep files written for them in the past and others
have been written recently as part of the last Google Code-In.

The point of doing this is to hopefully simplify the compiling of this
software with HaikuPorter and in preparation for building packages
with hpkgbuild for the up coming package management system.

Anyway, I am wanting to know what open source Haiku software you think
I've missed out on and what ones I've added that really shouldn't be
added? ( i.e. half baked code that hasn't modified since 2003)

The list of Software that I've found so far can be found on the Haiku
Apps section of the BepFileProjectTargets page on Haiku ports  [1].
The Apps that have already had .bep files written can be also found on
the Haiku Ports website [2], and so can the singular library [3].

Feel free to edit the page to add any Haiku software that you think
I've missed, or even if it is just to add non-Haiku software to the
earlier section!

If you are not a member of Haiku ports, then membership is easy [4].

[1] http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/BepFileProjectTargets
[2] http://ports.haiku-files.org/browser//haikuports/trunk/haiku-apps
[3] http://ports.haiku-files.org/browser//haikuports/trunk/haiku-libs
[4] http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/JoinHaikuPorts