[openbeos] Re: Ok, let's start

  • From: "Andy Satori" <dru@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 11:36:23 -0400

I'm all for the idea, but I'm not sure about the implementation.  First,
we need to establish small tightly focused teams and we need a couple of
talented but focused Project Managers to pull the information together,
and more importantly, disseminate it to the teams doing the work.

Your Kernel team is one part of a huge undertaking.  Bear in mind that
it took Be 11 years to get where it is, admittedly with a few stutter
starts here and there.

So the begs the question, do you start by having the kernel team tear
apart an existing BeOS installation, and work through a binary
compatable kernel replacement that the existing drivers and kits run on
top of, and then replace those as you can, or do you take a scratch
approach and spend the next 6-9 months getting enough of a foundation
running that you can even demo something?

Andy

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s