[openbeos] Re: Of Haiku and a HAL

  • From: Gabe Yoder <gyoder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:52:15 -0400

On Monday 25 October 2004 08:22 pm, Mikael Jansson (mailing lists) wrote:
> Yeah, first hit on Google for BNickName gives you the adress.  Thing
> is, I wanted to know if the glue for different platforms should perhaps
> live in the Haiku repository?

That really doesn't fit in the scope of things that we should be hosting.
Those sorts of things can be nifty projects, and it can be beneficial to
collaborate with some of the other projects, but there really isn't any
reason why we should be worrying about those compatibility layers in other
OSs.  We just want to get our system working, and if people can use that to
do interesting things in another OS, that is entirely up to them.

Gabe