[openbeos] Re: Of Haiku and a HAL

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 01:35:47 +0200 CEST

> Yeah, first hit on Google for BNickName gives you the adress.  Thing
> is, I wanted to know if the glue for different platforms should
> perhaps
> live in the Haiku repository?

For now, I don't think so - since we are targetting the complete
solution anyway. It's also not just some "glue" - you would need to
emulate attributes and queries, or even devices and their interface, or
else you couldn't even use the Media Kit.
I don't really see what such a thing would give me or Haiku, so that it
would be worth putting it into our repository.

Bye,
   Axel.