[openbeos] Re: OW! The website looks impressive!

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:43:38 +0000

I'll echo the comments about the site looking lovely.

John beat me to both the criticisms I was going to make about the image on the
front page.

Koki, expect a list of grammar/spelling issues I have with the "official"
content pages (not blogs and stuff) to be forthcoming when I read through it
all ;)

Simon

> From: John Duncan <groovestar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2007/01/23 Tue PM 03:11:21 GMT
> To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [openbeos] Re: OW! The website looks impressive!
>
> Looking good! Much less complicated and confusing than the old design and
> more pleasing to the eyes!Well done.I do have two small criticisms, both
> relating to the box of text about Haiku in the upper left corner of the
> homepage:1. The wording is a little awkward.    The first sentence could do
> with a comma after "currently in development". The second sentence should
> probably read "Inspired /by/ BeOS, Haiku aims..."2. The image is all text.
> This is very bad for screen readers.    If it's not possible for style
> reasons to replace this with actual text, the alt tag should at least include
> what is written in the image -- currently it is blank.Keep up the great
> work!~JohnDate: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:44:42 -0800From:
> michaelvoliveira@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [openbeos] OW! The website looks
> impressive!To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>     Congratulations for the website design (http://http://haiku-os.org)!Very
> professional and informative
> graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/
> Be one of the first to try Windows Live Mail.
> http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionId=5d21c51a-b161-4314-9b0e-4911fb2b2e6d

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software