[haiku] Re: New OSnews Article on Haiku.

  • From: Lars Nooden <lars.curator@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 21:53:34 +0200

Urias McCullough wrote:
>  too much security is just plain annoying,

Only if it's done Microsoft-style. ie. not there / wrong / too complex

More or less, security is a side effect of good design, bad security is
a side effect of bad design.  A secure system can actually be easier to
use, but only if it is part of the original planning and not slapped on
as an aftermarket, MS-style add-on.  K.I.S.S. is probably the best rule
of thumb.

I'm only dabbling a bit with Haiku so far, but like what I see so far.

regards,
/Lars