[openbeos] Re: NetAddress.cpp, NetBuffer.cpp, NetEndpoint.cpp, etc

  • From: Scott Mansfield <ThePhantom@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Marcus Overhagen" <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:38:01 -0700

Hi Marcus,

I'm the guy who wrote the BNetAddress class, this is one of my "code finisher"
assignments from Michael and Philippe that I'm working.  Unfortunately, due
to a slight breakdown in communication the sources for the BNetAddress class
were checked in before they were ready.  The short version of the story is
that I had submitted the source modules for a code review because I had a
couple of questions, and they were checked in before I got the feedback I was
expecting.  I don't remember who I took over the netkit task from, sorry.
:-(

You are right, the BNetEndpoint class is "broken" (I discovered this as I
started to complete my predecessor's work) and I'm in the process of
re-writing it (about 90% complete).  Needless to say I was surprised to find
code in this state checked in (not trying to insult anyone so please don't
take that sentence out of context).  Besides BNetAddress, I have also
re-written the BNetDebug and BNetBuffer classes.

Unfortunately I've recently moved to a new address and don't have internet
connectivity there yet; and won't have DSL connection until next Thursday.
At that time I'll submit the completed source for the netkit and the build
won't be broken anymore <knock on wood>. I've been in touch with Michael and
Philippe, they are aware of this.

If necessary, I can burn a CD and bring these source modules in to work to get
you these classes sooner (tomorrow or Monday).  Let me know.

Cheers,
Scott